Saturday, November 15, 2008

SyncBackSE

A while back I mentioned that I was trying a program called SyncBackSE to do my backups. I have been very happy with it so I bought it. It does exactly what I want - no complaints or improvement suggestions. This program is used to backup my working files (documents, pictures, code, favorites, music, etc.), not to perform a full backup my laptop. The title of this post is a link to the SyncBackSE website.

Now I am looking for a free or low cost (~$30) Ghost type program. I have tried Macrium Reflect but in their free trial version I cannot make a boot disk that works with my Compaq laptop. I contacted their support and they suggested that a boot disk made from the pay version would work - however, I would rather try before I buy. Any suggestions out there? I need something to use as a disaster recovery - my Compaq doesn't have recovery disks.

No comments: