Sunday, January 11, 2009

Macrium Reflect saved me...

I posted before about my computer backups for my Compaq laptop with Windows Vista. I use SyncBack SE to backup my personal files every few days. However, I still needed something to backup my entire laptop for catastrophe recovery. Well, it happened this past Friday. I was unable to wake up my laptop. I used the Windows Vista disc I bought to access system restore, and restored to a point 2 days prior. Unfortunately, my user account was corrupted. I don't know what happened, but I needed to recover. I went ahead and paid for the full version of Macrium Reflect. I had been using the free version to create disk images monthly, but was unable to restore using the free version (the free boot disc didn't work with my laptop).

The pay version worked perfectly! I was able to create a Windows PE boot disc and restore my last good image from my network drive. I am back in business after only a few hours. Here is a link to the Macrium Reflect website --> http://www.macrium.com

No comments: