Monday, November 21, 2011

Carbonite

I've been using Carbonite for 2 or 3 months. It had been going well, but on Friday November 18 the service became unavailable. A few hours later I got an email from Carbonite explaining the outage. Since then, nothing. I am now a very disappointed customer. It was nice that they notified me of a problem, but now 3 days with no update? What if my computer crashed and I needed a critical file? What if a new file became corrupted before it was backed up? I'm certainly not getting the service I paid for.

Here's the email they sent Friday, 11/18 6:20 PM:
Dear Thomas,

During a routine maintenance check today, Carbonite identified a technical issue that required us to temporarily take a small number of our customers’ backups offline. Please be aware that while we troubleshoot this, you will not be able to access, add new or update existing files to your backup. Your backup is safe and will be accessible again shortly.

We will send you another email to let you know this issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

The Carbonite Team

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get yourself an external hard drive with a backup program and tell Carbonite to keep their lame service...my 2 cents;)